Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Things that make me sad...things that make me happy.....

I just feel the need to share something that makes me sad....people and even shops that think that it is okay to take our designs and teach them at their stores....I just hope that people think about the fact that when they do this they are taking food off our tables.  When someone goes out and teaches our classes it is one less student that would be taking the class from us.  We work hard to design our projects, to write the instructions and then go out on the road to share and teach our classes.  It isn't an easy way to make a living, but very rewarding when we have the amazing students that appreciate our work.  I just ask everyone to think twice about doing this....and think twice about taking such a class from someone other than the originator....
The reason I have brought this up is I have been dealing with a couple of different places over the last few weeks.....One place that immediately removed the classes and apologized and the other that had to make an argument out of it....just makes me sad that it comes to that....
Things that make me happy....
I would like to say thank you to those that brought the issues up to me via email and mail.  I appreciate your support.  Thank you to people that keep their eyes open an let us know when these things like this are being done.
Wonderful students that are so much fun to have in class...some that even send pictures of finished pieces and email kind words.

Visits from a Pileated Woodpeckers




 Fun with friends.....  Taking a picture of Marcia....taking a picture of me.....with Mark looking on...



Having drinks with my daughter, Kelsey and Dallas.....

 And last, but of course not least....my sweet boy Bogart....who always makes me happy!

1 comment:

  1. Used to have the pileated woodpeckers when we lived in Atlanta. They are so big and noisy, totally AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete